ACC CoverPlus Extra
ACC CoverPlus Extra is a flexible alternative to ACC CoverPlus which enables you to negotiate your level of lost earnings cover. That way you know exactly what you’ll receive if you’re injured and can’t work – it doesn’t matter if the injury is work related.
ACC CoverPlus Extra at a glance.
ACC CoverPlus Extra is available to all self-employed and shareholder employees who do not pay PAYE and who work 30 hours or more per week. You are able to negotiate your level of loss of earnings cover. You will receive 100% of this lost earnings cover if you can’t work because of an injury, starting one week after your injury. This stays the same even if your business continues to generate income during your time off work or you return to work part-time. You don’t have to prove loss of earnings when you make a claim and you will have access to medical and work-related help as part of your ACC CoverPlus Extra policy.
What does ACC CoverPlus Extra Cover?
With ACC CoverPlus Extra, you will receive all the normal entitlements of ACC CoverPlus. Some or all the following benefits may be available depending on the nature of your injury and needs.
Help for partial disabilities:
- If you can’t work full time or continue receiving business earnings because of your injury, you still qualify for 100% of your agreed cover.
- If your injury has a serious long-term effect through a permanent impairment, lump-sum payments may be available.
- ACC can contribute to a wide range of medical and related costs, including those for doctors’
visits, treatment by various other health professionals, surgery, X-rays and prescriptions.
Returning to work:
- As part of our commitment to helping you to recover and get back to work as quickly as
possible, we will help you to return to your job – and if you can’t return to your old job
because of injury, we help you to prepare for finding a new one.
- If you need help managing at home after an injury, we can arrange help with things like housework, personal care, transport, aids, modifications and childcare.
- If you have to travel for assessments, ACC can help with transport and accommodation costs. This may also include assistance for your support people.
In case of death:
- ACC has a number of grants available in case you or one of your family dies as a result of injury. These include funeral grants, survivors’ grants; help with childcare and weekly compensation.
- If you reduce your ACC benefit you are also reducing the death benefits that go to your life partner and/or child or children aged under 18 (or under 21 if in full time study).
How does ACC CoverPlus Extra compare with the standard ACC CoverPlus?
This table illustrates the benefits of ACC CoverPlus Extra in comparison with the standard cover options:
- Source: ACC CoverPlus Extra Website